You’re running and running and running but the scenery never changes. You never actually get to your destination. So, you run faster and faster thinking that if you just try harder then you’ll get there. Do you feel like you’re living your life in a hamster wheel? You’re not alone. Many teams face conditions that keep them feeling exactly the same way.
This session walks through solutions to a variety of unfortunate problems teams commonly face, such as:
- unsustainable amounts of work, with pressure to start yet more work
- constant barrage of emergencies that push everything else to the side
- splitting peoples’ focus into percentages: 20% here, 40% there…
- a level of specialization across the team that creates a lot of wait time for requests
- inability to show others why you aren’t making progress on your deliverables
Come prepared to listen to experiences, interact with others and leave prepared to begin tackling these problems in your team, department or organization.
- Bio: Julia brings 15 years of experience working in and managing teams at Turner Broadcasting and F5 Networks. Julia is passionate about teaching others how to tame the chaos of the everyday at work by embracing transparency and continuous improvement and talking about how management doesn’t have to be a dirty word. Julia joined LeanKit as an Improvement Coach in 2015. She blogs at everydaykanban.com and tweets at @everydaykanban.